- Zoo Calendar
- Carousel Villiage Calendar
- At the Carousel
- At the Zoo
- Carousel Hours - Seasonal
- Family & Educational Programs
- Free with Zoo Admission
- Scheduled Closings
- Special Events & Celebrations
- Zoo Camp
- Zoo Hours - Seasonal
April 15 - July 4, 2021 | Tickets on-sale NOW!
Journey through a wonderland of illuminated larger-than-life lanterns inspired by our wild world. From dazzling and interactive displays to delicious Asian-inspired cuisine, this enchanting multicultural experience is sure to delight all ages!
This extraordinary zoo-wide, walk-through event will be held Wednesday – Sunday nights from 5:30 - 10:00 pm with tickets available for purchase online ONLY. Last admission is at 9:00 pm.
The show which is produced by Hanart Culture will feature over 50 spectacular glowing lantern displays, a kids interactive lantern area, savory Asian-inspired cuisine and drinks, hand-crafted keepsakes, and more!
Click HERE for safety guidelines, event details, weather policy, and FAQs.
- The Asian Lantern Spectacular experience is RAIN or SHINE and all tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE ( unless there is a Zoo closure).
- Host a private event - We offer the opportunity for organizations to host private events any night during our Asian Lantern Spectacular. No matter how big or small the event, we can provide you with an exciting evening. For more information, please contact: email@example.com.
- Purchase discounted tickets - We offer special group discounts on Value Night tickets. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring into action and celebrate Earth Day with a visit to Roger Williams Park Zoo! Join the Zoo in a party for the planet and learn how you can help protect and promote healthy habitats in your own back yard.
Please note: Zoo tickets must be purchased online in advance. Activities run from 10:00 am - 3:00 pm and are FREE with Zoo admission.
Sponsored by NEC Solar and Renewal by Anderson.
If you teach young children, this is the training for YOU!
Date: 2-part series
- Part 1 Virtual Session - Thursday, April 29 from 7-8pm
- Part 2 Outdoor Session - choose from two options
- Saturday, May 1 from 9:30-11:30am
- or Thursday, May 6 from 4-6pm
Both oudoor sessions will be held at: Audubon Society of Rhode Island, 12 Sanderson Road, Smithfield, RI 02917
Cost: $25/ person
Expert educators from the Audubon Society of Rhode Island and Roger Williams Park Zoo will facilitate a Growing up WILD workshop that focuses on children's natural sense of wonder about nature. This workshop gives participants an opportunity to experience a wide range of FUN activities that are developmentally appropriate for children ages 3 to 7. Each participant will receive a copy of the Growing Up WILD guide, filled with activities and ready-made materials that help create positive impressions about nature while also building lifelong social and cognitive skills among young children.
Books are provided free of charge courtesy of RIDEM Division of Fish and Wildlife's Aquatic Resource Education program.
This workshop is approved by the Center for Early Learning Professionals for 3 professional development hours.