Our family-based education programs, classes and clubs offer a wonderful way for the whole family to have fun while exploring and learning together!
Snooze at the Zoo for the wildest family overnight adventure in town! The night begins with pizza and ice cream before educators engage you and children in hands-on activities, animal encounters, and a Zoo tour by flashlight. End the evening by crawling into your sleeping bag in the Meller-Danforth Education Center with popcorn and a movie. You’ll need your zzzzs before waking up with the animals! A light breakfast will be provided before a morning Zoo tour.
Time: 6:30 pm - 10:00 am
- Members: $100 per parent/child pair; $50 per additional participant.
- Non-members: $110 per parent/child pair; $55 per additional participant.
- Saturday, July 22: Animal Behavior
- Animal behavior goes from instinct into action and never ceases to amaze all of us! In this family overnight experience, we will observe some fascinating animal behaviors, explore why and how we create enrichment, and learn the ins and outs of how and why animal care staff train animals using behavioral techniques.
- Saturday, July 29: Creatures of the Night
- When the sun goes down, many animals are just waking up. Learn about animals after dark, and the adaptations that enable them to survive in a world of darkness.
Please note: There must be at least a 1:3 parent/child ratio. This program is not designed for adults without children
Important registration note: There are no refunds unless program is cancelled by the Zoo.
All requests to change the date of your program must be made at least 48 hours prior to the start of your scheduled program. Requests are not guaranteed and are dependent upon availability. A fee of $20 per program participant will be assessed when any change to your program date is made.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (401) 785-3510 ext 358.
Amphibian species are disappearing at an alarming rate across the globe due to habitat loss, pollution, and disease. FrogWatch trainings cover the importance of amphibians in the environment, how monitoring our local population helps to protect them, factors to consider in choosing a site to monitor, how to tell frog species apart by their calls and how to report findings to FrogWatch USA. Become a citizen scientist with FrogWatch USA, and help save our frogs!
Have you ever wanted to visit the Bronx Zoo? Take the headache out of traveling and journey with us. Sit back, relax and enjoy a day with family and friends at an award-winning zoo with more than 4,000 animals.
These programs get you up close and personal with the animals and staff of the Zoo before it opens to the public! All programs include breakfast, interaction with zookeepers, and a sneak peek into the premiere level of care Roger Williams Park Zoo animals receive.
Dates & Themes:
- Rise & Shine on the Farm | Saturday, June 10
Celebrate summer while you dance to tunes from the popular Rock-a-Baby band, and play the early evening away in Hasbro's Our Big Backyard. This event - specifically geared towards our youngest Zoo guests - promises to be fun for the whole family.
Dates & Themes:
- Come Out & Play! Rock-A-Baby Concert | Tuesday, June 20