Let the Zoo help support your teaching efforts through programming, resources and events. We design our programs to help families explore, discover and observe the natural world.
Join Roger Williams Park Zoo for a series of monthly, hour long classes designed for the homeschool community. These drop-off classes start in September and run through April. Pre-registration is required.
Dates: 9/22, 10/20, 11/17, 12/15, 1/19, 2/16, 3/16 & 4/27
- Ages 4 - 12: $88 for the series
- Ages 13 - 16: $128 for the series
- Animal Exploration (Ages 4 & 5): 10:30 - 11:30 am *SOLD OUT or 12:00 - 1:00 pm *SOLD OUT
- A great introduction to Zoo School! Participants will explore a specific animal each month through stories, crafts, games, centers and encounters with animal ambassadors. For the safety of the participants, this class does not include exploration within the Zoo. *Please note even though the theme is same as the 2016-2017 Zoo School Series, all of the monthly topics will be different.*
- Around the World (Ages 6-8): 10:30 - 11:30 am *SOLD OUT or 12:00 - 1:00 pm
- Participants will explore animals and habitats from around the world through centers, crafts, games and encounters with animal ambassadors. For the safety of the participants, this class does not include exploration within the Zoo.
- Ecosystems (Ages 9 - 12): 10:30 - 11:30 am or 12:00 - 1:00 pm
- Through lessons, activities, encounters with animal ambassadors and exploration of the Zoo, participants will explore the ecosystem dynamics of biomes from around the world.
- Diversity of Life (Ages 13 - 16): 1:30 - 2:30 pm *SOLD OUT
- Through interactive lessons, encounters with animal ambassadors and Zoo exploration, participants will dig deeper into the biodiversity of our planet.
Please note: A Roger Williams Park Zoo or Reciprocal Membership is required. (Without either membership, non- Zoo School participants entering the zoo for drop-off will be required to pay admission.)
Click Here to Register NOW! - Registration Now Open for Sessions Starting September 22
Questions? Contact Andrea Stein at Astein@rwpzoo.org or call (401)785-3510 ext. 359.
Through interactive educational presentations and live "animals interviews," the Zoomobile carries a message of compassion for all living things and a greater understanding of our wonder-filled living planet. We will present all of our Zoomobile programs at the Zoo or at your location.
Each program includes a lesson, activity and three live animals. The program is for a seated audience (30 max.).
- At your Location:
- Daytime Monday-Friday: $140 for a single program; $100 for each additional program on the same day. (Mileage fee may apply.)
- Evenings and Weekends: $175 for a single program; $125 for each additional program on the same day. (Mileage fee may apply.)
- At the Zoo:
- $11/child (12 and under); $16/child (ages 13+)
- (Minimum of 15 participants needed for a program at the Zoo.)
Questions? Contact Andrea Stein at Astein@rwpzoo.org or call (401) 785-3510 ext. 359.