Let the Zoo help support your teaching efforts through programming, resources and events. We design our programs to help families explore, discover and observe the natural world.
Join Roger Williams Park Zoo for a series of monthly, hour long classes designed for the homeschool community. These drop-off classes start in September and run through April. Pre-registration is required.
2016-17 Dates: 9/16, 10/21, 11/18, 12/16, 1/20, 2/17, 3/17 & 4/28
Check soon for 2017-18 dates!
- Ages 4 - 12: $88 for the series
- Ages 13 - 16: $128 for the series
- Animal Exploration (Ages 4 & 5): 10:30 - 11:30 am or 1:30 - 2:30 pm
- A great introduction to Zoo School! Participants will explore a specific animal each month through stories, crafts, games, centers and encounters with animal ambassadors. For the safety of the participants, this class does not include exploration within the Zoo.
- Creature Confusion - Comparing and Contrasting (Ages 6-8): 10:30 - 11:30 am or 12:00 - 1:00 pm
- Crocodile vs. alligator, opossum vs. possum… What’s the difference? Participants will explore commonly confused animals through centers, crafts, games and encounters with animal ambassadors. For the safety of the participants, this class does not include exploration within the Zoo.
- Species Spotlight (Ages 9 - 12): 12:00 - 1:00 pm
- Through lessons, activities, encounters with animal ambassadors and exploration of the Zoo, participants will explore the unique adaptations and niches of animals like primates, ungulates, and marsupials.
- Conservation: Think Global, Act Local (Ages 13 - 16): 1:30 - 2:30 pm
- What goes into saving endangered species? Through interactive lessons and Zoo exploration, participants will dig deeper into the conservation of animals both locally and globally.
Please note: A Roger Williams Park Zoo or Reciprocal Membership is required. (Without either membership, non- Zoo School participants entering the zoo for drop-off will be required to pay admission.)
Ready to register? Contact the registrar at (401) 785-3510 ext. 358.
Questions? Contact Andrea Stein at Astein@rwpzoo.org or call (401)785-3510 ext. 359.
Through interactive educational presentations and live "animals interviews," the Zoomobile carries a message of compassion for all living things and a greater understanding of our wonder-filled living planet. We will present all of our Zoomobile programs at the Zoo or at your location.
Each program includes a lesson, activity and three live animals. The program is for a seated audience (30 max.).
- At your Location:
- Daytime Monday-Friday: $140 for a single program; $100 for each additional program on the same day. (Mileage fee may apply.)
- Evenings and Weekends: $175 for a single program; $125 for each additional program on the same day. (Mileage fee may apply.)
- At the Zoo:
- $11/child (12 and under); $16/child (ages 13+)
- (Minimum of 15 participants needed for a program at the Zoo.)
Questions? Contact Andrea Stein at Astein@rwpzoo.org or call (401) 785-3510 ext. 359.