Early childhood education programs at Roger Williams Park Zoo offer a fun, age-appropriate way for parents and their children ages 18 months to 5 years to discover the natural world together. Programs run from September through May, and themes change monthly. A new and exciting experience awaits participants at every class!
These 90-minute programs focus on a special animal or area of the Zoo and present opportunities for adult/child pairs to make discoveries together. Programs include a lesson, activity, a craft, an up-close encounter with one of our education animals and a walk to an exhibit. Please note this program does not include direct interaction with exhibit animals. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Please note: Due to the nature of the program and limited space,
- Additional adults cannot be accommodated.
- Younger or older siblings cannot be accommodated
- Members: $14 per child/adult pair
- Non-members: $42 per child/adult pair
Dates & Themes:
- February 2020 - Birds of Prey Click HERE to Register
- Sat 2/1, 2/8..... SOLD OUT
- Tues 2/4..... SOLD OUT
- Wed 2/5..... SOLD OUT
- Thurs 2/6..... 9:30 am or 1 pm
- Fri 2/7..... SOLD OUT
- March 2020 - Red River Hog Click HERE to Register *please note this class will be taking place in Hasbro's Our Big Backyard
- Sat 3/7, 3/14, or 3/21..... 9:30 am or 12 pm
- Tues 3/3..... 9:30 am
- Wed 3/4..... 9:30 am
- Thurs 3/5..... 9:30 am or 1 pm
- Fri 3/6..... 9:30 am
- April 2020 - Farmyard Click HERE to Register
- Sat 4/4 or 4/11..... 9:30 am or 12 pm
- Tues 4/7..... 9:30 am
- Wed 4/8..... 9:30 am
- Thurs 4/9..... 9:30 am or 1 pm
- Fri 4/10..... 9:30 am
- May 2020 - Gibbon Click HERE to Register
- Sat 5/2, 5/9, or 5/16..... 9:30 am or 12 pm
- Tues 5/5..... 9:30 am
- Wed 5/6..... 9:30 am
- Thurs 5/7..... 9:30 am or 1 pm
- Fri 5/8..... 9:30 am
Please note: These Preschool Adventures programs does not include direct interaction with exhibit animals.
Pre-registration is required and ends 48 hours prior to the program. Refunds are only given if the program is cancelled by the Zoo. Requests to transfer the date of your registration must be received at least 48 hours in advance. A $5 fee will be charged when any change is made.
Please note that a minimum of 5 program participants is required to run a class. Participants will be notified one week before the scheduled class if a class has to be cancelled due to low enrollment.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (401) 785-3510 ext. 358.
This exciting 45-minute concert specifically geared towards our youngest Zoo guests promises to be fun for the whole family. The Rock-a-Baby trio will introduce the true stars of their show – “Rhythm, Melody and Harmony” - three silly and entertaining puppets who know a lot about music. Playing everything from well-known children’s songs to rock and pop classics - shake, dance and sing along as we explore fun musical concepts, play games, and boogie down.
Time: 10:30am - 11:15am (all concerts)
Price: $7.00 per participant (age 2 & older) Pre-Registration is required.
Dates & Themes:
- January 18 - Jump into Winter *Cancelled
- February 8 - Water, Water Everywhere Click HERE to Register
- March 15 - Rainforest Rock Click HERE to Register
- April 25 - Dinosaur Stomp Click HERE to Register
- May 9 - Butterfly & Bug Boogie Click HERE to Register
Please note: There are no refunds unless the Zoo cancels the program. We must receive requests to transfer the date of your registration at least 48 hours in advance. We cannot guarantee your requests that may be dependent upon availability. If there are any changes to your registration, there is a $5 fee.
This program fee does not include Zoo admission. You must purchase Zoo tickets at the Zoo entrance on the day of the concert. If you are a Zoo member, you may use your membership to enter the Zoo, so your only expense will be the Rock-a-Baby program fee! To be placed on a wait-list, please contact email@example.com or call (401) 785-3510 ext. 358
Mark Your Calendars - Our 3rd annual Youth Art Contest opens March 1, 2020!
In celebration of Endangered Species Day (May 15, 2020) Roger Williams Park Zoo is accepting art entries from local K-12 grade students and homeschoolers in the New England area depicting threatened/endangered species. Endangered Species Day is an opportunity to raise awareness about the importance of protecting endangered species, their habitats, and learn what we can do to help protect them.