Roger Williams Park Zoo’s daytime Halloween event Spooky Zoo is back October 28 & 29
Roger Williams Park Zoo’s daytime Halloween event Spooky Zoo is back on Saturday, October 28 and Sunday, October 29 from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm offering outdoor autumn activities for the whole family.
This year there is something for everyone including animal lovers, sports buffs, music enthusiasts, dancers and Star Wars fans.
Some, but certainly not all, of the activities to enjoy:
- Trick or Treat – (while supplies last) beginning at 10:30 am on the Treat Trail by the red wolf exhibit
- Animal Encounters
- You never know who might be joining the fun – hedgehogs, snakes, turtles, skunks or it just might be a surprise!
- The annual Pumpkin Stomp with the elephants (Sunday)
- Roger the Red Panda – the Zoo’s favorite mascot
- NIROPE – Cardi’s Furniture friends
- Fun in Hasbro’s Our Big Backyard with:
- Star Wars characters (Saturday)
- RI ComicCon (Sunday)
- Interactive music
- Photo Booth – get great photos of the kids in costume
- Dance Parties
- Drumming Circle
- Sculpture Making
This event is free with Zoo admission. Children 12 and under dressed in costume get in for half price. All activities are weather permitting and while supplies last. For more information rwpzoo.org.
Roger Williams Park Zoo, one of the oldest in the nation, is Rhode Island’s number one outdoor family and tourist attraction and is a leader in conservation efforts undertaken by a zoo of its size. The Zoo has received numerous awards for environmental education, and conservation work done locally and around the world, caring for species that without human intervention would face certain extinction. Roger Williams Park Zoo is supported and managed by the Rhode Island Zoological Society and is owned by the City of Providence.