Roger Williams Park Zoo is now open daily from 9am - 4pm. We have implemented enhanced protocols and procedures to help ensure the safety of guests, employees, volunteers and, of course, our animals. This includes a one-way pathway, closure of all buildings, mask requirements and more.
Time ticketing procedures are in place. All tickets must be purchased ONLINE ONLY >
Please read more below to ensure you and your family have a safe and enjoyable experience:
- Online timed-tickets for admission with a set maximum capacity for each time frame.
- Members are still required to reserve a timed ticket online - Zoo Members Click HERE to Learn More
- One-way pathway with clear social distance markers.
- Guests and employees are required to wear face coverings (covering nose and mouth) when on Zoo grounds. (Children under 2 and those with medical conditions are exempt)
- New hand-washing stations and hand sanitizer units have also been installed throughout the Zoo.
- Physical barriers and other safety related infrastructure changes.
- Building and Grounds staff are enhancing all safety and cleaning measures to ensure the already high standards followed for the safety of our animals, staff and guests.
Please Note: All buildings are closed. High frequency, high touch play-based activities will not be available. Sadly, we are cancelling our Bank RI Farmhouse Stage Wild Bunch performances, and Hasbro’s Our Big Backyardand the Carousel area will be closed until further notice. *Update: Explore & Soar is now open!
Timed ticketing procedures are in place. Tickets are sold online only. No tickets will be sold at the gate.
All patrons, including members, must obtain tickets online for one of the following timeslots:
- 9 am, 10 am, 11 am, Noon, 1 pm, or 2 pm.
- Guests are welcome to remain on Zoo grounds until 4:00 pm.
- No one will be allowed on Zoo grounds without showing a ticket at the parking lot entrance, including members. Members are still required to reserve a timed ticket online - Zoo Members Click HERE to Learn More
Please Note: You must have a ticket when you arrive at the front gate. Guests without a ticket will be denied entry and encouraged to purchase tickets online and return for entry. Please have these items in-hand before you arrive. You will need them at the parking lot entrance:
- Face mask for each guest in the car
- Pre-purchased admission tickets for each guest in the car (printed tickets preferred; e-tickets also accepted)
- Members, have your e-membership card open and ready
- Tickets are available online-only. Members must pre-register in advance by choosing one of the following timeslots:
- 9 am, 10 am, 11 am, Noon, 1 pm, or 2 pm.
- MEMBERS, be sure to log in to your member account before placing your order (contact Membership@rwpzoo.org with questions).
Yes! Our zoo will proudly receive guests regardless of the forecast, so we encourage you to dress accordingly. In fact, all daytime zoo tickets are rain-or-shine. There are no refunds, rainchecks, or rescheduling available.
Yes, rides are now open. Tickets can be purchased in our Explore & Soar area.
Each timeslot is one hour long. You must arrive to the zoo within this hour window (ex: if you have a 1 PM ticket, be sure to enter the zoo between 1 – 2 PM). Once inside, you may explore the zoo for as long as you’d like, right up to the 4 PM closing.
Discounts are not currently available. This includes military discounts, reciprocal discounts, AAA membership discounts and library pass programs. We do appreciate your support as every dollar goes toward caring for our animals. If you like what you see, please consider joining as a member – then you can visit free all year!
Those who have advanced tickets or complimentary tickets will be able to redeem their tickets on any visit day/time. These visitors will still need to show/surrender tickets at multiple checkpoints and also go through all entry procedures like any other guest.
Please be advised that you will have to provide your contact information to zoo staff, for Department of Health contact tracing purposes.
Ticket sales are final. Due to capacity limits, we cannot reschedule or refund your tickets. If you cannot make your scheduled time, we recommend sharing your non-member tickets with a friend or family members.
Yes! Our new food partner, SSA, will be open with increased cleaning procedures, grab-and-go options, limited contact sales/pick-up, and more.
Note: Due to new state regulations for outdoor dining guests must leave their own food and drinks at home for the time being.
We have picnic tables and tented areas open for the public, including near each restaurant, our Explore and Soar area (Adventure Tent), and a tented area in Upper Zoo near the gift shop (Event Tent). Right now, our indoor dining areas remain closed. All picnic tables are limited to one household per table.
Discover the Wild, the flagship gift store located in Upper Zoo, will still be open. This location has been modified with lower capacities to ensure social distancing. We strongly encourage credit card usage.
Please keep in mind to keep everyone safe, some retail features (like face painting, wind machines, and small kiosks) are presently unavailable.
Feel free to bring your own! For added convenience, the zoo will also rent single strollers ($5), double strollers ($7), manual push wheelchairs ($5) and motorized wheelchairs ($25). All equipment is purchased on-site during your visit (online purchase not available). For contactless payment, credit cards are recommended.
Motorized wheelchair quantities are limited, so contact VisitorServices@rwpzoo.org with your name, date of visit, and timed ticket slot to reserve one in advance.
The carousel building is open daily July 5, 2020 - Labor Day 2020 from 11am - 6pm. Hasbro’s Boundless All-Abilities playground is open noon - 6pm daily.
Food Truck Friday is reopening beginning Friday, July 11. Check our Facebook page for updates and event details!