(ages 11 – 13)
Members: $215 / Non-members: $240
In this one-week camp at the zoo, campers will be empowered to become leaders in conservation through teambuilding and leadership activities, learning about other leaders in conservation, engagement in inquiry activities, games, program animal encounters, visits to animal exhibits and more.
2014 Theme: Conservation in Pop Culture
As society evolves, so must the efforts of conservationists. How has the conservation of wildlife, resource and the environment been impacted by messages in music, art, film, social networking and other mass media? Conservation Heroes will examine the connection of conservation and pop culture before developing a message of their own.
Runs 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM Monday through Friday.
For more in depth Camp Information click on: 2014 ZooCamp Handbook
Please note: This is not a travel camp.
Registration for all Winter, Spring & Summer ZooCamps is now open!
Campers may be registered for a maximum of one week of Conservation Heroes.
Week 1: June 23 – 27
Week 2: August 4 – 8
Week 3: August 11 – 15
Week 4: August 18 - 22
- Registration begins at 9:00am January 14. Registration deadlines are two weeks prior to your desired week of camp, but camps may sell out prior to deadlines so be sure to register early!
- Complete refunds minus a $25 fee will be given up to February 1, 2014 for Winter ZooCamp, April 1, 2014 for Spring, and June 1, 2014 for Summer ZooCamps. Absolutely no refunds will be made after those dates.
- $10 sibling discount for all ZooCamps! First registration will be at full price, $10 discount will be applied to each sibling thereafter. Siblings must be registered within the same account.
- Be sure to download the 2014 ZooCamp Handbook prior to starting camp.
- Have a question? Visit our F.A.Q page>