Let the Zoo help support your teaching efforts through programming, resources and events. We design our programs to help families explore, discover and observe the natural world.
Join Roger Williams Park Zoo for a series of monthly, hour long classes designed for homeschool students. These drop-off classes start in September and run through April. Pre-registration is required.
*Please note: A Roger Williams Park Zoo or Reciprocal Membership is required for all non- Zoo School participants including parents, guardians, and siblings. Without a membership, non- zoo school participants, entering the zoo for drop-off, will be required to pay admission.
Dates: 9/21, 10/19, 11/16, 12/21, 1/18, 2/15, 3/15 & 4/12
- Ages 4 - 12: $104 for the series
- Ages 13 - 16: $144 for the series
- Animal Exploration (Ages 4 & 5): 10:30 - 11:30 am or 12:00 - 1:00 pm
- A great introduction to Zoo School! Participants will explore a specific animal each month through stories, crafts, games, centers and encounters with animal ambassadors. For the safety of the participants, this class does not include exploration within the Zoo. *Please note even though the theme is same as the 2017-2018 Zoo School Series, all of the monthly topics will be different.*
- Physical Adaptations (Ages 6-8): 10:30 - 11:30 am (geared toward 6-7 year olds) or 12:00 - 1:00 pm (geared toward 7-8 year olds)
- Participants will explore the physical adaptations animals have to meet their needs through centers, crafts, games, and encounters with animal ambassadors. For the safety of the participants, this class does not include exploration within the Zoo.
- Behavioral Adaptations (Ages 9 - 12): 10:30 - 11:30 am or 12:00 - 1:00 pm
- Through lessons, activities, encounters with animal ambassadors and exploration of the Zoo, participants will explore the behavioral adaptations of animals from around the world.
- Diversity of Life (Ages 13 - 16): 1:30 - 2:30 pm
- Through interactive lessons, encounters with animal ambassadors and Zoo exploration, participants will dig deeper into the biodiversity of our planet.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED.
Questions or interested in attending this season's classes? Contact Andrea Stein at Astein@rwpzoo.org or call (401)785-3510 ext. 359. Please note: 10:00 am class for 4-5 year olds is sold out.
Through interactive educational presentations and live "animals interviews," the Zoomobile carries a message of compassion for all living things and a greater understanding of our wonder-filled living planet. We will present all of our Zoomobile programs at the Zoo or at your location.
Each program includes a lesson, activity and three live animals. The program is for a seated audience (30 max.).
- At your Location:
- Daytime Monday-Friday: $140 for a single program; $100 for each additional program on the same day. (Mileage fee may apply.)
- Evenings and Weekends: $175 for a single program; $125 for each additional program on the same day. (Mileage fee may apply.)
- At the Zoo:
- $11/child (12 and under); $16/child (ages 13+)
- (Minimum of 15 participants needed for a program at the Zoo.)
Questions? Contact Andrea Stein at Astein@rwpzoo.org or call (401) 785-3510 ext. 359.